Our client is a global corporate services provider and fund administrator with offices in Australia, Asia, US and Europe and employs around 5,000 people in 45 locations.
They are now looking to appoint an Assistant Company Secretary to join their team in Melbourne.
This opportunity will see you work closely with the Company Secretary Manager where you will be responsible for assisting the Company Secretaries to ensure that the Company and compliance obligations are met for several ASX listed companies and multiple private entities.
Some of your responsibilities as an Associate Company Secretary will include (Note: you do not have to have experience across all of the below as they would be happy to train and give you that experience):
- Day to day management of the Company Secretarial function, governance and legal matters;
- Maintenance of statutory records for the Group’s entities and all subsidiaries;
- Preparation and lodgement of ASIC forms;
- Liaising with share registries on all Company Secretarial matters;
- Assisting with the preparation for the client portfolio’s Annual General Meetings and General Meetings;
- Assisting with preparation of Prospectus’ and offer documents;
- Preparation of all other ASX Reporting;
- Preparation of Minutes and Circular Resolutions;
- Preparation of Company Governance Documents;
- Preparation of Share and security issues (including performance rights and options); and
- Assist with the preparation and dispatch of monthly Board papers for the various entities within the client portfolio.
On offer is:
- The opportunity to work alongside outstanding, approachable, collaborative, highly experienced positive Company Secretaries and Lawyers; and
- The opportunity to manage your own portfolio of high-profile clients;
- A flexible working model, including the option to work from home; and
- A fantastic salary package.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years experience working in a company secretarial environment at a listed company as an assistant company secretary, paralegal or company secretary or at a law firm as a legal administrator, legal executive, paralegal or legal assistant/secretary familiar with company secretary documentation and compliance for ASX companies or an accounting firm with experience with company secretary documentation;
- Knowledge of how boards for ASX companies operate; and
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite of software packages.